The World Inequality (WIL) is research laboratory focusing on the study of inequality worldwide. The WIL hosts the World Inequality Database, the most extensive public database on global inequality dynamics. Its core missions are the extension of the World Inequality Database, the publication of working papers, reports and methodological guidelines on the different facets of socio-economic inequality, as well as the dissemination of research findings in academia and in the media. The WIL regroups about twenty researchers and professionals based at the Paris School of Economics and coordinates a network of over 100 scholars affiliated to the World Inequality Database. The WIL is hosted at the Paris School of Economics.
PSE – Paris School of Economics is a private non-profit research foundation. PSE develops economic research of the highest international standard and disseminates the results. It brings together a community of 140 researchers and around 200 PhD students, and offers teaching in Masters, PhD, Summer School and Executive Education programs at the cutting edge of the discipline. Now firmly established as a feature on the global academic landscape, PSE breaks down all barriers to attain its goal of excellence: bringing together universities and grandes écoles, promoting exchanges between different fields belonging to social sciences, providing expertise to a broad public, and supporting the work of its teams through multiple partnerships with public institutions and private organisations.
Position: Communications Manager
Job: Full time
Supervisor: Co-directors and General Manager
Duration of the contract: CDI
Working language(s): Fluent English; French appreciated
Location: Paris, France
Start date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: Competitive salary based on the candidate’s CV. The candidate will benefit from the social benefits in place at PSE, namely health insurance, reimbursement of 50% of public transport costs and restaurant tickets.
Development and implementation of the WIL’s communication and press relations strategy.
– Development of the annual communication plans
– Press relations policy, including promotion of publications and regular contact with journalists
– Creating and sending quarterly newsletters
– Updating media lists, maintaining and developing relationships with journalists, responding and following-up on interview requests
– Organization of media training workshops for the research team
– Drafting yearly activity reports in coordination with the general manager
– Spokesperson, in addition to the research team
Development and implementation of WIL’s websites and digital strategy
– Manage the WID and WIL websites
– Papers’ edition before publication, or coordination of the editing process with external providers
– Continuous improvement of the websites’ user experience
– Content creation for social media (dataviz, videos, gifs)
Internal communication within the WIL
– The candidate manages the internal communication of the Laboratory (information to the team, meetings, etc.) in coordination with the general manager
– The communication manager may be sollicited to schedule meetings, book rooms, welcome new arrivals, both administratively and logistically – depending on the workload of the general manager
Organization of external WIL events, including debates on Equality and academic conferences
– Sending the invitations and disseminating onto social media
– Dissemination of the event within the academic sphere
– Logistical set-up of the event, in coordination with the central team at PSE
The communication manager reports to the general manager and the co-directors of WIL
Your application (CV + cover letter) will be sent in English and per email to the following email: email@example.com, with “Application – Communication Manager” in the subject line. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
The WIL is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions are open to people with disabilities.